Stand Up and Be Heard
This last few days, I have touched on the subject of courage and the ability to leave your comfort zone in order to make an impact on the world. I have been blessed by your responses and want to say thank you for reaching out to me and letting me know you hear the message. There is a lot of good going on in the world and its up to us to get the story out. I am tired of hearing the constant back and forth from politicians and news media giving credence and visibility to bad people and behavior. Let's Stand Up and Be Heard!
There are so many people on the MMI Team that work long hours and are changing lives all over the world. The Development Team of MMI is trying to get their message out to others so that we can secure support both financially and through volunteerism to reach that next person in line. This is a message that must be heard and you can help us do this right where you are reading this today. Let's talk about all the ways you can do this…
1. You can Donate. We need money to do what we do. Yes, we have volunteers that give of themselves and also pay their own way to go and serve. We also have to provide supplies and lay the foundation for the various teams to be successful and this does not come from monies raised through project fees. We operate Health Centers, Training Programs, and support Staff on the ground in every country we serve. All of this comes from donations outside of our projects and the ministry can not operate without donations to the ministry.
2. You can Tell our Story. Help us get the word out. The worst thing a ministry can be is the “worlds best ket secret”. We need to get the MMI story in front of people that have the ability to engage and help the ministry. Maybe its a business, a local organization, or your church. All of these groups have the potential to help. Even your local media needs to hear the story of MMI and we will be happy to help facilitate interviews, stories, etc.
3. Open a Door. Maybe you know of an organization that makes supplies that we would then not have to buy. This could be everything from medical supplies to generators, tents, etc. We need a lot of supplies to execute the services to the people we serve. Imagine 10,000 people waiting in line hoping we can help. The fact that we could provide a shelter from the elements while they wait could be huge!
4. Volunteer to serve. Half of the roles at MMI are Non-Medical and we have a role for you if you are willing to leave the comfort of your home to engage. God has given you skills to make an impact on those around you, its time to join with us and share these blessinges with the less fortunate. Our project range from easy go and serve to extreme service environments. If you think camping is going to the local Marriott, we can use you on a low impact Project and you can save lives!
5. Pray for the Ministry. This is God's Ministry and Team. There are amazing things happening because He has provided the gifts for which we are able to serve. Nothing happens if He is was not at the very core of who we are and what we do. We see miracles every single day and it is an honor to serve Him!
So what do you think? Can you Stand Up and Be Heard? We need to get the message of good out in the forefront of the world so that bad does not dominate the audience. There is an amazing story of God's Love to be told and you can help us to get it out there!