Giving Thanks To Those That Serve
Memorial Day Weekend is upon us and many will be heading out to celebrate the holiday. Lost in all the excitement is the real reason the holiday exists, to honor those that have sacrificed so that others may live. At Medical Ministry International, this has additional meaning. Sacrificing one’s own comfort to put yourself on the line for others is exactly what our teams do every day. There is no greater gift than to give of yourself for others.
There are many people that serve on the front lines. These people have set aside their own lives to help touch the lives of those in need of help.
- The soldier that stands guard, so that others can be safe.
- The Policeman or Fireman that rush straight into chaos, with no thought, except to protect those they serve.
- The leader of a soup kitchen, preparing a meal so that no one will go hungry.
- The Civic group that ensures that a flag flies in honor of those who have, and are, serving our country.
- The ministry worker that works for a penance of what they could command in the secular world, but is willing to sacrifice it all so that the poorest of the poor can be reached.
We must be sure that we don’t overlook these amazing sacrifices. These people have prepared the foundation for which we now stand. We owe our lives to all who have made the effort. The question now is…How do we honor their sacrifice?
- Shake the hand of a service member and thank them for their service.
- Fly your flag in honor of all who serve and have died for your country.
- Engage with an organization that is impacting lives, whether down the street or around the world.
- Make a difference. Volunteer, donate, and most of all pray for those that are willing to make these sacrifices for others.
Give thanks to God and believe that there is good in the world. Support this good. An individual can do good things, but combined with others can make miracles happen. God is right there beside you and will honor the sacrifice you make in service for others.
To learn more about Medical Ministry International click here.